https://tasteofmissions.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/1371603871184.jpeg 462 616 Mara Rugen Mara Rugen2022-06-09 19:41:222022-06-10 19:51:42Mexican Posole
- 1 package dried or frozen posole (hominy)
- water to cover
- 2 medium onions
- 4 whole garlic cloves crushed
- 2 lbs lean pork cubes
- red chile powdered or frozen to taste
- Cover posole with water; bring to boil.
- Pour water off; continue process until water is clear.
- Cook posole in water until corn pops, about 2 hours for dried and 30-45 minutes for frozen.
- Add remaining ingredients; simmer 2 hours or until meat is tender. Add water to prevent scorching.
Posole is the traditional Christmas Eve meal, eaten after viewing or participating in the neighborhood "Posadas" - a reenactment of Mary and Joseph going from door to door, looking for a place to stay.