Russian Hunter's Salad
- 3/4 lb. beef
- 3/4 lb. fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 lb. cucumbers
- oil for frying
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- pine nuts toasted
- Wash and coarsely grate the cucumbers. Salt the cucumbers and let them sit for 15 minutes to release juices.
- Cut the beef into thin, bite-sized pieces and pound. Sauté the beef in oil. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside to cool.
- Sauté the mushrooms in oil and set aside.
- Squeeze the cucumbers dry.
- Combine the cucumbers, beef and mushrooms in a bowl. Add 3-4 Tbsp. olive oil as a dressing. Stir. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the salad into a pretty serving bowl. Sprinkle with toasted pine nuts just before serving