Bulgarian Tomato Salad (Shopska Salata)
- 4 tomatoes chopped
- 1 large cucumber unpeeled and chopped
- 1 large yellow onion chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1/2 cup sunflower oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup bulgarian sirene cheese or feta crumbled
- salt to taste
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, place tomatoes, cucumber, peppers, onion and parsley, and toss.
- Place oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper to taste in a screw-top jar. Cover and shake until well blended.
- Toss dressing with vegetables, turn into a serving bowl, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Top with crumbled cheese and portion on chilled plates. Serve with hearty bread and a glass of rakia.