Thai Mango Sticky Rice
- Rice Cooker (Or a steamer)
- 3 cups Thai Sticky Rice (Not jasmine, it won't work)
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 mangos yellow, sweet, juicy ones
- Put the sticky rice in the rice cooker with water and set to glutenous rice setting. Alternate Step One: You can also wash, soak the sticky rice for 5-6 hours, and then steam the sticky rice using any form of a steamer, Thai people use steam baskets, steaming for about 15 minutes. (You see, this is why we just buy it local for $1.50!)
- Mix coconut milk with sugar in a saucepan and heat until the sugar is all absorbed into the sticky rice.
- Peel the mangoes and slice off two sides of the mango from the pit. Slice the mango into bite sized pieces. I usually do one cut lengthwise and four or five cuts widthwise.
- When the sticky rice is finished, place sticky rice and mango on a plate together. Pour the sweetened coconut milk over the sticky rice.
- Eat and then repeat step four.