https://tasteofmissions.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/Pork-and-Hominy-Stew-640x480-1.jpg 480 640 Mara Rugen Mara Rugen2022-06-09 19:41:222022-06-10 19:52:09Posole Stew
- 1 lb lean pork shoulder
- 2 lb frozen posole hominy
- 1 lime juiced
- 2 tbsp course red chile powder
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 3 tbsp salt
- Cook the pork in a pressure cooker, with water to cover, for 20 minutes.
- Reduce pressure under cold water. Open pot and add posole, lime juice, and chile.
- Add water - about twice as much as the amount of posole.
- Cook for 45 minutes under pressure.
- Reduce pressure under cold water. 2. Remove the pork and cut up.
- Put posole, pork, garlic, oregano, and salt in a large covered pot and simmer 1-3 hours, or until hominy kernels have burst and are soft but not mushy. Serve alone or as a side dish.
The cooking times are for higher altitude cooking. At lower altitudes, where the boiling point is higher, you may need to try shorter cooking times.