- 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 10 oz package frozen patty shells thawed
- 1/4 cup onion minced
- 3 tbsp red chile salsa
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- salt and pepper to taste
- Crumble beef; saute with onion in a skillet until beef is cooked and onion is soft. Drain.
- Stir in red chile salsa and spices. Set aside.
- Place thawed patty shell dough on a floured board and roll out, in one piece, to about 1/16 inch thickness.
- Cut dough into 3-inch rounds, about 20.
- Put 2 teaspoons of filling on each dough circle; fold in half.
- Moisten edges with water and press edges together with a fork. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Prick tops with a fork.
- Bake at 400 for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve hot.