Ecuadorian Llapingachos (Fried potato Pancakes)
- 2 lbs potatoes peeled
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 green onion chopped finely
- 2 tbsps parsley minced
- 1 cup queso fresco cheese crumbled
- oil for light frying
- 1/2 head lettuce washed and drained
- Quarter potatoes and boil in salted water until the outsides begin to crumble, about 25 minutes.
- Drain and mash until smooth.
- Mix onion and parsley with crumbled cheese.
- Grab a handful of mashed potato and form into a bowl in your palm.
- Place a tablespoon of cheese mixture into a bowl. Seal the potato around the cheese forming a pancake about 1 inch thick and 3 inches wide. Repeat with remaining potatoes.
- Fry each side until brown and crispy in a lightly oiled skillet.
- Shred lettuce. Serve two llapaingachos on shredded lettuce with peanut sauce.