- 1/2 stick butter
- 2 medium onions chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/2 cup bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup celery chopped
- 1 lb smoked sausage or andouille sausage sliced
- 1 lb shrimp or cubed chicken
- 3 cups water or stock
- 1 lb mushrooms sliced
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked rice
- In a large iron pot, melt butter and saute onions, garlic, bell pepper, and celery until transparent.
- Add sausage and cook until brown.
- Add shrimp/chicken and cook until done.
- Add water, rice, and remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil.
- Lower to simmer, cover the pot, and cook for 25 minutes.
- Serve with French bread and salad.