English Coronation Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2-3 tsp mild curry powder
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt or sour cream
- 1 tbsp mango cutney or 1/2 cup fresh mango
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 celery stalk
- 1/2 cup dried apricots
- 1/3 cup sultanas or raisins
- handful of fresh coriander or cilantro
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Put the chicken breasts into a large pan, and boil.
- Finely slice the celery and chop the dried apricots and mango (if using fresh rather than chutney) into small pieces.
- Combine the mild curry powder, mayonnaise, yoghurt, mango chutney/fresh mango, Worcestershire sauce, celery, dried apricots, and raisins into a mixing bowl. Then mix in the coriander.
- When the chicken breasts have cooked through, let them cool then chop or shed them into small pieces.
- Combine the chicken with the mixed ingredients.
- Add a dash of salt and pepper and the juice of ½ to 1 whole lemon to taste.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Serve on a bed of fresh lettuce leaves, cucumber slices and tomatoes, or enjoy as a sandwich with lettuce. It would also work well mixed with pasta as a chicken pasta salad.