https://tasteofmissions.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/Hilsa-fish.jpg 330 620 Mara Rugen Mara Rugen2022-06-09 19:41:222022-06-10 19:48:12Bangladeshi Hilsa Fish
Bangladeshi Hilsa Fish
Bangladeshi Hilsa fish
- 1 tsp black cumin seed
- 1/2 tsp turmeric seed
- 2-4 green chilies
- 1 tbsp mustard oil or veg. oil
- salt to taste
- In a shallow pan fry fish pieces to a golden brown
- In a pan heat 1 tbsp oil and add 1 tsp cumin seed and let it crackle
- Add about a cup of water and 1/2 tsp turmeric and salt to taste and boil.
- Add fish pieces, split the green chillies and add to curry.
- Cook 2 minutes.
This is one of the most popular dishes in Bangladesh. Hilsa (or ilish) curry is the national dish of Bangladesh, made from the Hilsa fish, and is one of the most popular traditional Bangladeshi dishes. The Hilsa fish is marinated in turmeric and chili paste, before slowly frying on a low heat and serving with a mustard gravy and rice