https://tasteofmissions.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/nsimi-scaled.jpeg 1920 2560 Mara Rugen Mara Rugen2021-07-02 14:36:342021-07-11 13:39:32African Nsima
The Zambians eat this pretty much for every meal. You have this as the base and then have side dishes of things like beans, eggs, chicken, cabbage, what ever you have around actually. It is good to salt it as well. This is the staple meal of the country. You cannot get the mealie meal here in America but it is just ground up corn so the corn meal is great to use in America.
- 3 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups mealie meal can substitute with corn meal
- 2 cups water
- Boil the 2 cups of water.
- In a sauce pan using a wooden spoon make a paste from 2-3 tbsp of the mealie meal or corn meal and one cup cold water.
- Add the boiling water and stir until the mixture boils again.
- Cover and boil ten minutes.
- Add the rest of the mealie meal or corn meal a little at a time and mix thoroughly.
- Reduce heat.
- Cover and leave to steam for ten minutes.