https://tasteofmissions.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/Samosas-on-plate.jpeg 1125 900 Mara Rugen Mara Rugen2021-07-02 12:37:062022-01-20 14:21:41Malawian Samosas
This is the fast food of Malawi. I remember seeing trays of samosas handed up to bus windows for passengers to purchase for their journey. Our family enjoys these over the Christmas holidays when they were home to help assemble and fry. This recipe also originally came from Linda Roecker who served in Malawi as well.
- 1 lb hamburger
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 can green chilis
- 4 cloves of garlic finely minced
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger
- 3 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 finely chopped seeded tomato optional
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 package wonton wrappers
- oil for deep frying
- Saute onions and chili in butter, add and brown hamburger in very fine pieces, add spices and tomato if desired, simmer.
- All moisture should be evaporated.
- Place approx. 1-2 tsp of meat on inside of wonton wrapper and fold into triangle shape and secure edges with flour and water paste.
- Once all wrappers are filled deep fry until golden brown about 4 minutes drain on paper towel.
- Serve warm (you can reheat a tray of them in warm oven)