Apple Cinnamon Quick Bread
For the Bread
- 3 cups apples diced
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce or vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the Streusel
- 5 tbsp softened butter salted
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
To make the bread
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F and lightly spray 9x5 loaf pans with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Peel your apples and dice into small pieces.
- In a medium bowl, add the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt and whisk together.
- In another large bowl, add the applesauce (or vegetable oil), eggs, sugars, and vanilla and mix with a whisk until fully combined.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients in batches (three parts) and stir with a spatula until fully combined. The batter will be very thick.
- Stir in diced apples.
- Pour half of the batter into each prepared loaf pan - try to keep the amounts even.
To make the streusel
- In a small bowl, add the softened butter, cinnamon, and sugar and mix together with a fork. Drop the streusel mixture onto the tops of the batter and lightly swirl.
- Bake for 1 hour then check on your loaves. Insert a toothpick into the center - if it comes out clean, with moist crumbs, your bread is done.
- Let cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, then lightly run a knife around the edges to loosen. Flip onto a plate, slice and enjoy.