https://tasteofmissions.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/chorba-scaled.jpeg 1115 2560 Mara Rugen Mara Rugen2021-07-02 14:13:382022-01-20 14:20:11Bulgarian Paunch Soup (Shkembe Chorba)
Bulgarian Paunch Soup (Shkembe Chorba)
- 1 1/4 veal paunch
- 1 cup milk
- black pepper
- chili pepper
- Prepare the paunch for cooking. If you manage to find prepared paunch, continue with step 2.
- Boil the paunch with boiling water for 3-4 min then immediately clean the inner part with a knife.
- Boil it again for another 3-4 min and clean the outer part with a knife; remove the skin too.
- Wash the paunch, put it in a saucepan and cover it with cold water.
- To be ready for cooking, the punch should be boiled about 3 hours.
- While boiling, it should be always covered with water.
- After that, take it out and chopped it in small pieces.
- If you manage to purchase prepared paunch, then start here.
- Wash the paunch, chop it and start to boil it with 1 quart water.
- Wait 20 min, add the milk.
- Wait 10 min, add salt and some cooking oil.
- Boil for 5 min.
- In an additional small pot, mix the chopped garlic and the vinegar.
- Serve the soup and flavor it with the garlic mixture and the chili spice.
- If you like black pepper spice, you can add it to flavor the soup.
- For best taste, the soup must be consumed hot.