- 5 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- warm tap water
- 2 lbs pinto beans
- 3 medium tomatoes
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1/2 head iceburg lettuce
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- In the morning: rinse beans, put in pot, cover with water and soak 2-3 hours
- In the early afternoon, bring beans and water to a boil, simmer for another 1.5-2 hours. Drain. Smash.
- Dice tomatoes and onion
- Shred lettuce and cheese
- Make dough by sprinkling salt and baking powder on flour. Mix with hands.
- Add warm water, mixing with hand til dough is formed.
- Roll dough into balls, setting into a pan, cover with a dry towel. (Some make dough balls the size of a large onion)
- Let set for 5 minutes.
- Heat oil, flatten dough ball, fry till golden on both sides.
- Assemble taco, fold and enjoy!