Cacio e Pepe
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 100 grams pasta
- Bring pot of water to boil. Be sure to add salt to the water.
- Add pasta and cook over medium heat for about 12 minutes.
- While pasta is cooking, add black pepper to frying pan over medium/high heat and toast until there is a strong pepper smell.
- Add butter to the pan with pepper. Melt butter.
- Add a spoonful of pasta water to the butter and pepper. Mix in pan.
- Add pasta to the pan with the sauce and mix together.
- Add one or two more spoonfuls of pasta water to the pasta.
- Add the parmesan cheese and mix until cheese is melted
- Serve on a warm plate and garnish with fresh pepper and parmesan cheese.