Green Chile Stew
- 1 1/2 lbs lean pork, round steak, or mixture of both cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- oil frying
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 4 cups water
- 4 medium potatoes cubed
- 1 lb green chiles chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes cubed
- 3 large garlic cloves minced
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- In large saucepan, brown meat in oil 15 minutes over medium heat, stirring frequently, until meat is well browned.
- Add chopped onion; brown 5 more minutes.
- Add water and potatoes; fast simmer for 15 minutes, or until potatoes are done.
- Add green chiles, tomatoes, garlic, salt, and pepper. Simmer 10 minutes, stirring frequently.