Russian White Radish Salad
- 2 cups daikon radish sliced into thin sticks
- 2 cups ham or cooked chicken sliced into thin sticks
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup onion sliced into thin half circles
- Begin by making “egg pancakes”.
- Heat a little oil in a skillet.
- Beat one or two eggs in a cup with a fork and pour the egg into the skillet.
- Tilt the skillet so the egg covers the bottom.
- Do not turn over the egg.
- When the egg is cooked, remove it carefully to a cutting board.
- You should have a stack of either 6 small “egg pancakes” or 3 larger “egg pancakes”.
- Let the eggs cool for a few minutes. Then roll up the “egg pancakes” and slice them thinly.
- Stir together the daikon radish, ham or cooked chicken, “egg pancakes” and onion.
- Add salt to taste.
- You can prepare these ingredients a couple hours ahead of time.
- Just before serving, stir in mayonnaise.