Little Texas Cornbread
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 can cream-style corn 8.25 ounce can
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 can chopped green chilis drained, 4 ounces
- In a large bowl, combine the cornmeal, cheese and baking powder. In another bowl, combine the eggs, corn, sour cream, oil and chilies. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.