https://tasteofmissions.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/knoephla-soup-010.jpg 982 800 Mara Rugen Mara Rugen2022-06-09 19:41:222022-06-10 19:48:11Knoephla Soup
- 1/2 cup butter cubed
- 3 medium potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1 small onion grated
- 3 cups milk
- 6 cups water
- 6 tsp chicken or 3 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 1-1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 egg beaten
- 5-6 tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet, melt butter; cook potatoes and onion for 20-25 minutes or until tender. Add milk; heat through but do not boil. Set aside. In a Dutch oven or large pot, bring water and bouillon to a boil.
- Meanwhile, combine four knoephla ingredients to form a stiff dough. Roll into a 1/2-in. rope. Cut into 1/4-in. pieces and drop into boiling broth. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the potato mixture; heat through.
Rich and filling soup. Easily varied depending on preferences.