Albanian Yogurt Casserole with Lamb
- 2 1/4 pounds lamb
- 4 1/2 cups plain yogurt
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup rice
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2/3 cup butter
- salt and pepper
- Boil the lamb meat with 4 cups of water for about 30 minutes.
- Remove the meat from the broth.
- In a bowl mix together the eggs, yogurt, salt, pepper and flour with some of the broth.
- Stir in the rice.
- Pour the rice mixture into a greased baking dish.
- Place the meat on the top.
- Cut the butter into small pieces and add to the top of the casserole.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 400° F, or until rice is done.