Creamy Boneless Chicken Handi
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 large yellow onion
- 2 large roma tomatoes
- 1-2 green chilies
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/3 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp freshly ground coriander powder
- 5 cloves
- 1 small heavy cream
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 stick butter
- Cut the chicken breasts into 1 or 2 inch cubes.
- Also chop onion tomatoes ,cilantro, green chilies and keep them separately.
- Take a wok or a pot and heat 1/2 cup (or less oil if you want to add butter) on medium flame.
- When the oil is hot add onions and till light golden brown. You will smell a nice aroma of the onions.
- Add minced garlic and fry for another minute.
- Add chicken, turn the heat to high and keep frying for 8-10 minutes till the meat cubes change the color and become light golden red. Add butter .
- Add salt, red chilies, ginger, cumin, coriander black pepper and tomatoes fry for 5 minutes till the tomatoes mix up and form a nice gravy.
- Add finely chopped green chilies and cream. Cover with the lid and let it cook for 8 to 10 minutes over medium to low heat while keeping watch that it does not burn. To avoid sticking to the bottom of the pot keep stirring often.
- Add cut up mozzarella cheese cubes and cilantro on the top of the chicken and let it simmer for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Very tasty creamy boneless chicken handi is ready. Serve it with boiled long grain basmati rice or Nan bread.